Monday, November 15, 2010

Eight month update!

I cannot believe it's been almost eight months since my last blog. It's not that nothing has been going on in my life because there is much that has been going on but I guess I just kinda forgot about sitting down to take a moment to write it all down. So condensed version update shall now follow. Ok so since March let's see. I have been blessed with many visitors since my last blog, my very very dear friend Marileigh whom I worked with at Menorah for a while has been out to see me a few times. I just have the best time with her. We are like two peas in a pod and speaking of peas, she makes me laugh so hard I could pee my pants. In April I was very fortunate to meet Mar's brother Zach when he was in town training for a new job for a few weeks. I was sent in to entertain and show him the city and in the meantime we became very close and I am now very fond of this particular boy and have had multiple visits from him to Denver since. In May I went to Playa Del Carmen, Mexico with some girlfriends from work and we had a such a great time. A week of fun in the sun and relaxation. I am so blessed to have such special people in my life. We went out and saw the sights, did a little snorkeling and had a few fruity cocktails. Wonderful weather while we were there and we all came back tan and sunkissed and ready for summer. The summer flew by, filled with days at the pool and playing softball. I played on a coed slow pitch team this year which was quite the experience. The team was filled with a bunch of strangers to start but after the season I walked away with a handful of dear friends, oh and we also won our league and the tournament title...duh!! I was able to travel back to Kansas in August for my brother's 30th birthday. It's always so good to be home for a few days. I realize how much I miss it when I'm there. I miss my parent's house and the QUIET small town life, but don't get me wrong these big city lights are totally for me at this time in my life. In September I was back in Kansas but only in Wichita/Winfield for the Walnut Valley Bluegrass festival. My roommate Amy made the road trip with me. We stopped in Wichita for a few days where I was able to spend a few brief moments with my best gal pal Lauren Scafe and her beautiful family. After lots of hugs and kisses from her sweet little boys Amy and I went to spend time with Zach at his place in Wichita before heading to Winfield. Zach, Amy, and I headed to winfield on Friday and met up with my parents who were already there camping. We spent the weekend enjoying the 100 degree heat!! camping, great music and good company. My parents and their friends JL, and Dave were so nice to cook for us each morning and evening. Great time had by all but as is the typical pattern we all had return to real life at some point. This brings us to October, and a beautiful fall for Denver. The temperatures stayed very pleasant up until the first week in November. Zach was in Colorado again to visit which was nice to get to hang out more. I got some bad news from home on the 28th that Katie my puppy dog back home was not doing well. She is about 15 years old and despite her great attempts to stay a puppy life just caught up with her and she couldn't do her regular Katie things like run in the prairie or drink beer with dad haha. Mom called on the 29th and the vet was coming to our home to put her down. I had a very very hard time with this. Katie has been THE dog during my life. She was my puppy when I was 13 and after high school when I moved out my parents and all of our friends grew very fond of her as well. My dad was with her when she was put down and he made her a very nice grave next to muffin our first dog who died at a very old age as well when I was just a kiddo. I know Katie was very tired and it was the right time but I dread the homecoming this year for Christmas and coming up the driveway and not seeing her spring out of the dog door and out to the yard to greet me. There just won't be another like her. She'll
always be my girl. So that brings us to November and finally some snow in the Denver area. The high country has been getting snow for weeks now but we finally got snow in Denver last week. I have my skis all tuned and waxed and ready to go. We plan our first ski outing for this upcoming weekend in Breckenridge! I am so excited, afterall it's why I'm here in Colorado!!! Here's hoping for some great pictures very soon. I can't wait for the holidays and to be spending some much needed time with my friends and family. Here's hoping you're all out there doing well!! Until next time.

1 comment:

  1. Oh I love and miss you friend! So glad to see you bloggin' again :) Blow those purdy snowflakes over yonder, I miss 'em!!! Can't wait to see pics from the new season :D

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I'm a 27 year old Kansas Native who has recently relocated to the Rocky Mountains. I work as a Registered Nurse in an Neuro/Ortho/Spine unit at the hospital with long term hopes of joining moutain rescue or life flight and I'm so excited to experience all that this amazing place has to offer me.

First Timer

I've never been much of a blogger but with me being a new resident of the gorgeous state of Colorado now I thought this could be a neat way to keep my family and friends up to speed on the excitement that is the Rocky Mountains. I'm so happy to be living here and expect many exciting adventures to share.

Followers