Monday, December 7, 2009

The Christmas Tree Hunt is On!!









I ventured out with my friend Colin tonight to find my perfect Christmas tree!! This is the first time I've went to get my own real Christmas tree, and since I was tardy getting a permit to cut one down myself we ventured to the Christmas tree stands. First stop Dollar General of course because you can't hunt Christmas trees without Reindeer Antlers. So with antlers on and hot cocoa in hand we set out. Who knew trees could be so expensive. I was hoping to score a huge one to put in our ginormous living room to fill it up a little more and make it feel a bit more warm but unless I was willing to spend over $200 dollars that just wasn't going to happen. I then came across a sweet little Charlie Brown tree which looked so very lonely and cold and I was almost sold on the little guy but decided to go a big bigger. We found a good sized Grand Fir and strapped it to the roof of my jeep (I felt so rugged outdoors woman at this point) and brought that baby home. Colin hauled her up the stairs. Set her up in the stand and she was just a beauty. Nice and green and has already smelled up the entire place with the smell of Christmas. I will let her relax tonight and get branches settled and then decorations, hot cocoa and perhaps baking (with egg nog of course) shall take place tomorrow evening. Hooray for Christmas time. I plan to leave it up well into January. Don't judge! :) Happy Holidas everyone! Also included are some pictures of just a few of the amazing light displays around these parts. Can't wait to get our place all decorated!

1 comment:

About Me

My photo
I'm a 27 year old Kansas Native who has recently relocated to the Rocky Mountains. I work as a Registered Nurse in an Neuro/Ortho/Spine unit at the hospital with long term hopes of joining moutain rescue or life flight and I'm so excited to experience all that this amazing place has to offer me.

First Timer

I've never been much of a blogger but with me being a new resident of the gorgeous state of Colorado now I thought this could be a neat way to keep my family and friends up to speed on the excitement that is the Rocky Mountains. I'm so happy to be living here and expect many exciting adventures to share.

Followers