Sunday, December 6, 2009

Thankful And A Year Older









I had such a great time at home with my family over the Thanksgiving holiday. I think I squeezed just about everyone into my visit. We had a wonderful family dinner with my grandparents and some other relatives. It was a classic Wessel holiday which started with great food and family and ended with good drinks and stories in the 'Lodge' which we lovingly call our shed now. I was able to visit Baldwin and hang out with my boys who I do miss very much, you just don't find a group of guys like them. Hanging out with them is like living in a sit com and if you know them then you know exactly what I'm talking about...see pictures that follow :) On Friday my mom and I went to see the Broadway musical WICKED at Music Hall in KC. It was absolutely amazing. Theatre that even a straight man could enjoy. The lead women had the most amazing voices and it made me miss singing very much. Maybe i'll pick up that guitar of mine that has recently been collecting dust in the corner and get back into it. We shall see. Saturday I spent the afternoon with Dorian and we watched the KU/MU game. Sadness....such a close game and I was really hoping especially for my dear love Mr. Meier that they could have won this last one, but I guess it just wasn't meant to be. I still hate Mizzou with a deep passion, no changing that :) Saturday we spent the evening in Olathe with some old college friends I haven't seen in years. It's so nice to reunite after so long. It's just funny how nothing really changes. Everyone plays their role and it just never seems to change which is weird but all too comforting at the same time. On Sunday I got a chance to relax and hang out with my good friend Amy from nursing school, we did a bit of silly shopping and entertained ourselves quite well. Monday it was time to head back home, well my new home. It was hard to leave but I was glad to be back in the sunny state of Colorado.

So I turned 27 on Friday. With my friends help I managed to have a fantastic night that would leave me wounded for the entire day to follow. We had a lovely dinner at Rock Bottom Brewery. There was a Christmas or "Christen" Parade in my honor downtown and then I went on to dominate beer pong at my place. We then hit the town for some drinks and dancing. I think the more I drink the better I dance. Ended the evening in the wee hours of the morning and woke up feeling like a million bucks and like I was a million years old. Takes you longer to metabolize that alcohol when you get older. Sadness. Needless to say my plans to ski saturday morning did not work out. No worries though. It has snowed all day today and I plan on enjoying some fresh pow pow in the am. I am so thankful for my friends and family today. You keep me smiling on a daily basis and thankful that you are all a part of my life.

PS) Now that it's snowing on a regular basis, I expect you all to start visiting!! Lets hit the slopes together. Miss you all!!

1 comment:

About Me

My photo
I'm a 27 year old Kansas Native who has recently relocated to the Rocky Mountains. I work as a Registered Nurse in an Neuro/Ortho/Spine unit at the hospital with long term hopes of joining moutain rescue or life flight and I'm so excited to experience all that this amazing place has to offer me.

First Timer

I've never been much of a blogger but with me being a new resident of the gorgeous state of Colorado now I thought this could be a neat way to keep my family and friends up to speed on the excitement that is the Rocky Mountains. I'm so happy to be living here and expect many exciting adventures to share.

Followers