Thursday, January 21, 2010

Back In The Saddle!











I can't believe that I haven't posted since before the holidays and it's now almost the end of January. I've been so tied up enjoying my time with family and friends and just taking it all in here in Colorado. I try to get up to ski every weekend and sometimes that is easier than others. It's much more fun now that friends are visiting to ski. We spent last weekend in Breckenridge with my nursing friends and some guys that came to visit from Olathe. We had the pleasure of staying in the Riley's condo just south of Breck. So cute and we had such a fun time. When I was home for the holiday I got to hold my brand new baby cousin Ava Grace who was born while I was there. She is the picture of perfection and her mom and dad are so happy to have her. It was great to see my whole family but times at home are just too short and I never get the chance to see everyone I plan to. Dorian and I had time to squeeze in a KU game at Allen Fieldhouse thanks to Amber who got us some great tickets!!! Thanks Amber! It was so strange I happened to hear from my college roommate and one of my dearest friends Lauren who also ended up attending the game and we had a nice dinner downtown in lawrence, and then at the game ran into Megan Lacroix whom I also lived with at KU. Spending Christmas day away from my family was rough but I worked and felt like my patients were truly grateful for me being there with them. I attended mass at the hospital which was small but nice that it was an option. Singing along to an ipod is a lot different than a whole choir with organ :( I also spend New Years eve with cousin Dean and his family. It was the first time I've been in the same place with all five darling little girls. My baby cousins Gracen, Peityn, Madilyn, Hailey, and Alyssa. The girls were so cute as they tore into all their gifts on Chrismas Eve. The high pitched squealing that was otherwise drive you completely nuts was such a fun experience. Reminded me of the days as a little girl when the most simple things would bring you so much joy. Gracen made me the most beautiful scarf and I received many thoughtful gifts from those little ladies but the most fun was cuddling on the couch with them all playing Mario Racing on wii and then fighting them off as they attached to my arms and legs as I tried to leave for the evening. I met up with my dear friends Angie, Luke, and Jim for cocktails at the Tavern and to watch some christmas story on the fireplace tv. It was such a different holiday but I was so grateful to have loved ones around me during that time. Now its back to the grind of work but luckily I have much to look forward to. Mom and Dad will be coming to visit and to ski, Dad will have a chance to try out his new skiing hip. There's been lots of fun and I can finally say that I have become good friends with quite a few gals here. They make my times here much more fun and I'm so so excited for all the good times to come. Hope all of you following are doing very well and if you're headed to the Rockies be sure to look me up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm a 27 year old Kansas Native who has recently relocated to the Rocky Mountains. I work as a Registered Nurse in an Neuro/Ortho/Spine unit at the hospital with long term hopes of joining moutain rescue or life flight and I'm so excited to experience all that this amazing place has to offer me.

First Timer

I've never been much of a blogger but with me being a new resident of the gorgeous state of Colorado now I thought this could be a neat way to keep my family and friends up to speed on the excitement that is the Rocky Mountains. I'm so happy to be living here and expect many exciting adventures to share.

Followers