Sunday, February 7, 2010

I ski therefore I am!



I've been having such a great time here in Colorado lately I just must share. I finally feel at home on the slopes and it's a true escape for me to be out there. Just to get on the mountain, breathe the pure mountain air and point my skis downhill. I have been trying to ski at least two days a week. It's unreal to me that I'm able to go ski at least two days a week considering growing up it was only about 2 days per year if that. I'm so blessed to have the life I do. I'm grateful for parents who supported my decision to take a leap of faith and move away. My friends who encourage me everyday. My brother who, even though we don't get to talk much, makes me feel like the coolest person alive (I mean I kinda am right?) haha. I feel like for the first time in my life I'm living the life I think I was always meant to have. It's a carefree feeling. I'm never concerned about the stupid things I used to care about. I no longer worry that I'm wearing a grubby sweatshirt out to the bar (the man of my dreams surely finds my sloppy fashion sexy don't you think?) or that I don't have firm plans for the weekend. I'm taking comfort in the lazy days, the spontaneity of no plans. I love the times I get to sit at home and paint or just read for hours. It's as if my life became very simple and uncomplicated all at once and I can't say I'm upset about that. As far as the real world goes I still love my job. I'm starting to prepare myself to get back into study mode as I plan to start back to get my Masters in the very near future. Only question now is: Nurse Practitioner or Nurse Anesthetist? In the meantime I'll be working on becoming a Certified Orthopedic Nurse. Well anyway I've had lots of fun lately with friends visiting to ski, it's always fun to play in the snow with the ones that make you laugh (yes even you are funny Jack). Upcoming excitement: The Wessel family hits the slopes together on February 27th!

3 comments:

  1. It's amazing to me how much what you've written resonates with me, from the support you have from family and friends to take the risk of moving to Colorado to the fact that you feel you're now living the life you were meant to live. And the simplicity of it all. It's interesting how a change of scenery to such a beautiful place has that effect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy that you're happy TH! And because I work with both, I have to vote for a nurse practitioner. You have such a great personality and I think you would be "fun" to see. Bedside manner is so important and if you're anesthetizing (sp?!) patients then you don't get to interact with them. That's my 2 cents :)

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I'm a 27 year old Kansas Native who has recently relocated to the Rocky Mountains. I work as a Registered Nurse in an Neuro/Ortho/Spine unit at the hospital with long term hopes of joining moutain rescue or life flight and I'm so excited to experience all that this amazing place has to offer me.

First Timer

I've never been much of a blogger but with me being a new resident of the gorgeous state of Colorado now I thought this could be a neat way to keep my family and friends up to speed on the excitement that is the Rocky Mountains. I'm so happy to be living here and expect many exciting adventures to share.

Followers