Friday, November 13, 2009

It's time to hit the slopes!





I ventured out yesterday to get my first pair of skis, after much consideration I went with the Volkl R1's. I'm very very excited to hit the slopes. Snow in the city again today. Not much but enough to dust the ground and make me so happy to be here. I love the snow so much and the great thin about snow here is that it's beautiful and then gone. The sun shines almost everyday and you just can't help but be happy, plus being able to see the mountains from my bedroom window doesn't hurt either. I'm missing home a little bit and so excited to get to travel home for a few days for Thanksgiving. Mom and I are going to see Wicked day after thanksgiving and I'm SO EXCITED!!! And food and shopping of course. Thinking about hitting the slopes this weekend but I'm making a game time decision based on how much fresh pow pow they get tonight. Breck opened yesterday and I love it there so much. The town is great to hang out in. Amazing Micro Brews!
Happy Friday the 13th everyone. I woke up this morning and was a bit hesitant to leave the house, sometimes it just gives me an uneasy feeling, the stigma of Friday the 13th but then I always remember what my best friends Mom Kathy Jardon used to say that Friday the 13th was good luck not bad and so I got out and enjoyed the beautiful sunshine and snow in her honor. I'm missing my friends but the roommates are doing a great job of keeping me entertained. This past weekend after a few festivities and cocktails I got to put my nursing skills to work as Chris "mis-stepped" as he calls it and fell down the stairs. I walked out of my door to see him on all fours in the landing. He had a nice little softball sized knot on his tailbone and a bloddied up nose. Upon examination I thought he might have chipped his front tooth and well lets be honest that would have been kinda funny for him to wake up sober the next day and look in the mirror "WHAT THE?". But after rinsing the blood from his teeth they were all there pretty as ever. We put him to bed and he survived the night.
Beverages with Angie last night at Wynkoop Brewery. She is such a fun gal. I am lucky to have her here. I anticipate many adventures with her this ski season. We're going to try to do some boarding hahaha. You can be sure i'll be blogging on that one after the fact.
Well anyway I must be getting along now. Friday night calls! I'm attaching pictures of the big snow we had a few weeks back. 18 inches downtown. Let's hope that is just a preview of all the fresh pow pow to come!!

1 comment:

  1. keep calm and carry on! i love it and might steal it. :) and i like your background. i love playing with blog layouts. moosh loved Friday13, and so do we! it's just another day to remind us to be in the present!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I'm a 27 year old Kansas Native who has recently relocated to the Rocky Mountains. I work as a Registered Nurse in an Neuro/Ortho/Spine unit at the hospital with long term hopes of joining moutain rescue or life flight and I'm so excited to experience all that this amazing place has to offer me.

First Timer

I've never been much of a blogger but with me being a new resident of the gorgeous state of Colorado now I thought this could be a neat way to keep my family and friends up to speed on the excitement that is the Rocky Mountains. I'm so happy to be living here and expect many exciting adventures to share.

Followers